ANYONE can enter to compete in the Headdress Ball Competition!
Awards and judging will be based on the criteria listed below:
- Exotic quality
- Correlating with the theme Masquerade
Based on all of these criteria, the following awards will be given:
- Third Place Overall
- Second Place Overall
- First Place Overall
Expected Headdresses = 8
A celebrity panel of judges will have the final decision on the winners. All decisions are final.
Entry Fee: $50.00
(Competition entry will close once we have reached 8 Headdresses. Entry is not confirmed until payment and form are completed and returned to Hope and Help.)
- A description of your headdress and entry fee must be turned in by August 4th to participate. The description will appear in the playbill this year.
- A headdress can NOT exceed 15 ft (including the model´s height) in height and 8 ft width.
- Headdresses cannot promote any political campaign.
- This year, there will be no ramps up to the stage, so the participant will be walking on a carpet runway and then up 6 steps to the stage. The steps will be about 1 foot deep.
- A maximum of two assistants are allowed on stage to assist for the onstage presentation of the headdress. Only one person may wear the Headdress.
- Headdress must be hand made locally in Central Florida.
- Each headdress will only be allowed 2 backstage assistants including the designer. A scheduled line up will be forthcoming.
- One open dressing area will be provided for all headdresses and assistants. No private dressing areas will be provided.
- There are no limitations to the materials used. However, keep in mind that your headdress, if quite tall, will be near HOT stage lights… which could affect the performance of your headdress.
- No open flames or pyro is allowed on the headdress or part of the presentations thereof.
- Please consider the weight of your headdress. The presenter may have it on for up to 45 minutes. There are no seats once on stage.
- A photograph of each headdress is required 1 week prior to the event date.
- Underscore music will be provided for your Headdress and chosen by the producers of the show.
- All headdresses must be delivered to the Orlando Ballroom at the Hilton Orlando and available for rehearsal at 4pm on October 26, 2013. No exceptions.
- Please keep in mind this is a charity event. We are all here for one common goal. No bickering, slander or petty incidents will be tolerated.
- We have the right to refuse headdresses for any reason.
- You will be disqualified and not able to participate in the show should all of these requirements not be met.